I have been a Londoner all my life, born 1992. I have found myself traveling around, drawing the city and being amazed by some of the wonderful buildings and places I have failed to take much notice of. When drawing in a place for a day you start to make a connection with the buildings and objects around you, and you begin to feel grounded. This blog is an exploration of London through drawings, and I will be attempting to find out as much as I can about the places, and people In this amazing and scary city.

Thursday 13 October 2016

 The Pirate ship around the corner from London Bridge, This little area was a favorite of mine when i was younger. The Tutor ship is a full sized reconstruction of the Golden Hinde. Sir Francis Drake the captain of this ship captured enough treasure for Queen Elizabeth to pay her entire foreign debt for which he received his Knighthood.

They're building a 50 story apartment block, plus hotel on the Southbank. This 170 metre building will shimmer its way into the London skyline, anyone got £6,700,000 for a four bedroom flat??Moving on to something far more interesting, the street lamps on the Southbank, designed by George John Vulliamy in the 1860s apparently they're dolphins?   

No comments:

Post a Comment