I have been a Londoner all my life, born 1992. I have found myself traveling around, drawing the city and being amazed by some of the wonderful buildings and places I have failed to take much notice of. When drawing in a place for a day you start to make a connection with the buildings and objects around you, and you begin to feel grounded. This blog is an exploration of London through drawings, and I will be attempting to find out as much as I can about the places, and people In this amazing and scary city.

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Elephant and Castle




Another tower going up in Elephant and Castle area to be expensive private homes no doubt.



The future doesn't look bright for the Elephant and Castle shopping centre built in the 1960s.
Its demolition date was 2010 yet it still stands. what is the plan now? build a another Westfield? or just create more expensive flats for profit. Another tragic outcome from social cleansing and gentrification.   




No comments:

Post a Comment